Last Updated 11/02/2020
A user with a valid email address will be able to create a Try for Free account. This is a SaaS (Software as a Service) account that lets you try the Rali product and see if it fits your needs. Each user is allowed to create 2 Free accounts.
You can register for a Rali account at www.getrali.com. Click on a registration link or navigate to the website to get started.
You can create a free user account in 4 simple steps:
- From the Rali home page, click on Get Started.
2. Fill in your personal information OR link to one of your existing social media accounts (Google+, Facebook, Twitter, or Office365).
User Information Screen. All fields in this screen are required. This is where you will enter a Display Name, Email Address and Password to create a Rali user account.
3. Verify your email.
Email Verification Screen. An email will be sent to you with a verification code. Please note that this can take a few minutes to arrive in your inbox. Once you receive the 5-digit verification code, you can enter it here.
4. Create your organization.
Create Account screen. This is the Free account. Enter an Account Name related to your brand / business / interest. As the account creator, you will automatically become the Admin for this account.
Congratulations! You have now successfully created your first free Rali Video account! (You may create one additional account for free.)
You will then be taken to the Platform Overview screen.
Platform Overview screen. Once the account is created, the Platform Overview screen will act as your account dashboard. It is filled with account related data. Upon future Sign in, you will land on the Platform Overview screen.
Platform Overview screen
The Platform Overview screen is the dashboard for the account. At the top you will see the Rali Apps you have access to according to (a) the account type – Enterprise or SaaS, or (b) if SaaS account type, then the SaaS plan type.
- Enterprise Admins have access to Manager, Admin, and Insights.
- Enterprise Managers / Moderators have access to Manager.
- SaaS Admins have access to Manager and Admin. Only the “Business” SaaS Plan Type will have access to Insights (available via paid subscription).
- SaaS Managers / Moderators have access to Manager.
The top is a rotating carousel that directs you to many pieces of information. From the carousel, you can quickly create conversations and manage tasks. There are also slides that contain information such as Tip of the Day, Release Notes, and Contact Information.
If the account has just been created and you haven’t published a conversation yet (or you have less than 3 draft conversations), there will be three tiles below the carousel that will direct you to complete certain tasks, such as adding a logo, creating a conversation, etc. As you complete each task, a green check mark will appear next to the completed task.
Once you have completed the necessary tasks (not all are required), these three tiles will be replaced with several other tiles.
The tiles below contain the following data. The first 5 boxes of data are for the current Month-to-Date – for example, February 1st to February 18th. The other boxes are related to Tasks and are tasks that are in Unresolved status.
Month-to-Date Data boxes
- Plays – Number of unique user plays, per conversation, per day. For example, if Joe plays Video 1 and Video 2 on Monday, that counts as two plays. If Joe plays Video 1 three times on Monday, that counts as one play. If Joe plays Video 1 on Monday, and Video 1 on Tuesday, that counts as two plays.
- Active Users – Number of unique users in the account who have done any type of engagement activity (passive or active) against a conversation. This includes playing the video, commenting on the video, responding to a CTA, etc.
- Mobile – Number of unique users who accessed a conversation on a mobile device
- Desktop – Number of unique users who accessed a conversation on desktop
- Top Location – The Top country with unique active users
- Most Active Conversation – This is the conversation with the greatest number of engagement activities (comment, reaction, call-to-action submission)
- Three Most Recent Conversations – These are the last 3 conversations with the latest activity dates
Other Data boxes
The other data boxes are not restricted to Month-to-Date:
- Questions – Number of open Question tasks (asked by viewers) across all conversations in the account
- Comment to Moderator – Number of open Comment to Moderator tasks across all conversations in the account
- Flagged – Number of open Flagged tasks across all conversations in the account
Platform Overview – User Avatar
The user avatar is at the top right corner of the Platform Overview header bar. Clicking on the avatar shows the following options:
- User Profile
Clicking the User Profile allows you to access / edit:
- Notification Settings
- Action Items
You can edit the following in your Profile:
- Display Name (required)
- First Name
- Last Name
You can edit the following in your Notification Settings (refer to the images below):
- Email notifications for future conversations
- Realtime Notifications
- Daily Notifications
- Weekly Notifications
- Notifications for specific conversations (2nd image)
You can also access your Action Items from the User Profile screen:
An Action Item is a documented task or activity that arises from a video conversation. Action Items can be assigned to registered users (users with an email) in the conversation.
The “My Action Items” box in the User Profile screen displays the list of Action Items that have been assigned to the user.
Your Organization is your Account Name that you entered in Step 4 (of Creating an Account) that is related to your brand / business / interest. You may add another Organization here.
Need Help? We’re Here Every Step of the Way: In App Support
The Rali app integrates with Intercom, a messaging tool for users to ask support questions. It floats in the bottom right corner of the screen. Click on it to let us know if you ever need assistance, we’re happy to help!
If at any point you have a question or concern, don’t hesitate to reach out! You can also contact us by email at email@example.com.
Platform Overview – Home Icon
You can get to the Manager / Admin / Insights apps from the Platform Overview screen. Once you navigate to those apps, you can return to the Platform Overview screen at any time by clicking on the Home icon in the header bar (top left).
The Home icon replaced the user avatar that used to be in that place of the header bar, but now all user avatar functionality is on the Platform Overview header bar.
After an admin has tried the Rali Product for free with the Starter plan, an account can be upgraded by purchasing a subscription plan. This is a month-to-month plan that let’s you purchase only what you need. An admin may also purchase additional add-ons to the plan.
Every SaaS / Try for Free account begins on the Starter Plan, which gives you:
- 1 Seat
- Please note: Insights is not available on the Starter Plan.
- 10 Viewers
- All Rali integrations ( Zoom, Slack, Zapier, Vimeo, and Twitch)
A Seat is a designated login that has access to the Rali Product suite. It can create and moderate the conversation, manage the account, access Reports and Insights (with a Business Plan), integrate and connect to other Rali-supported apps, receive notifications, and maintain a playlist.
A Viewer is a person who can access the Rali player to watch and interact with your content. They can play the video conversation and interact and engage as a Guest or Authenticated User. Your viewers will reset to 0 at the beginning of each billing cycle.
We offer two Plans to increase your account limits and features access:
- Business Plan: this is an upgrade to the Starter Plan and includes an increased amount of Seats and Viewers, as well as access to both Reports and Insights. For $99 / month, you get:
- 3 Seats
- 100 Viewers
- All Rali integrations (Zoom, Slack, Zapier, Vimeo, and Twitch)
- You may purchase an additional Seat(s) for $9 / month (per Seat)
- You may purchase an additional package(s) of 500 Viewers for $45 / month (per package of 500 viewers; up to 10,000 Viewer Add Ons)
- Enterprise Plan: this is a custom plan that allows you to tailor your subscription to fit your organization’s needs. These are typically for larger organizations who request a higher number of seats and active viewers ( > 10,000 viewers) than what is offered in a Business Plan. Contact the Rali Sales team to discuss your plan.
How to Purchase a Plan
An admin can purchase a subscription plan by:
- Go to the Admin App by clicking on the Admin tab in the header bar.
- Click on the Manage Plan button.
- This screen shows the description of the subscription plans:
View the following options and decide which plan is best for you.
- If you would like the Business Plan, select Upgrade Now and choose any Add-Ons you see fit. Then click Next: Review Plan.
- If you would like the Enterprise Plan, click the Contact Us button.
- After reviewing your plan, click Buy Now. (for Business Plans)
5. Once the plan is chosen, the admin can purchase the plan using a credit card. Enter the credit card information and then click Purchase.
- All Subscription Plans are billed on the day that the plan was started:
- The Starter Plan starts when the Account is created.
- The Business/Enterprise Plan starts when it is purchased.
- If a plan is added during the month:
- the billing start date will be the day a user signs up for a plan
- the automatic subscription billing will be charged on that day
- If a plan is removed during the month:
- the plan will continue for the remainder of that billing cycle
- the automatic subscription billing is cancelled; the user will not be automatically charged on the next billing date
Changes and Refunds
- A user can edit Add Ons at any time. If the Add Ons result in a net positive amount:
- the user will be immediately charged for the updated charges.
- The following monthly subscription amount will be higher.
- If the Add Ons result in a net negative amount:
- the credit will be applied to the following monthly subscription bill.
- The following monthly subscription amount will be lower.
- If a user downgrades from the Business Plan to the Starter Plan, the Business Plan will be valid for the remainder of the billing cycle and the Starter Plan will take in effect on the next billing cycle.
- The credit card used to purchase the plan is now a “Payment Method” on the account.
- If a credit card has already been used to purchase a plan, it is an “Existing Method” that the admin can choose again.