Release 3.11 – Sept. 1, 2020
1. Conversation Series
What is a Conversation Series?
A Conversation Series is a collection of video conversations. Multiple videos conversations can be grouped together similar to a TV Series that plays in a certain order.
A Conversation Series can also be a video thread similar to an email thread. A Series can be created, and users can build upon the Series by adding new video conversations to the Series.
Why create a Conversation Series?
- Multiple videos can be grouped together and is easy to access through the Series Landing page.
- The Player touchbar has a “Play Next” button that when clicked, will play the next video.
- The Series Landing page has an Activity Panel similar to a Conversation Activity Panel, that shows the Views for ALL conversations in the Series.
- A Manager can create a Series Template where a settings can be automatically configured for all conversations in the Series.
How to create a Conversation Series?
On the Manager App Home Screen, there is a new Series box.
- A Manager can create a new Series by clicking on the Add New Series box.
- A Manager can View All Series they are Managers of by clicking on the “View All Series” button in the Series box.
To create a Series, a Manager needs to enter:
- Series Title
- Series Description (optional)
- Series Thumbnail. If a Manager does not add a Series thumbnail, the Series thumbnail will be the thumbnail of the first conversation in the Series.
Once the Series information is entered, the Manager will see the Series Landing page, which is the dashboard for where the Series can be managed.
Conversations in a Series inherit some Series settings when applicable. There include:
- Series Access. Conversations in a series have to maintain the same “access” and will inherit the Series Access settings. Only Open Access is supported in the 3.11 Release.
- Series Start and End Dates. Conversations in the Series automatically have the Series Start Date and End Dates. However, an individual conversation’s Start and End Date can be changed to other dates as long as the Conversation Start and End Date fall between the Series Start and End Dates.
A Series Template can be created for other settings and configurations in the Series which will be inherited by all the conversations in the Series.
- Digital Library Setting. Cannot be changed in individual conversation.
- Moderators. All Conversations will inherit the Series Moderators. Additional moderators can be added to each individual conversation, but the Series Moderators cannot be removed.
- Conversation Tags. Tag all your conversations in the Series with the same tag. Additional tags can be added to individual conversations.
- Settings. All the conversations in the Series will have the same Settings and Configurations to keep the conversations consistent. Settings and configurations cannot be edited in Series Conversations.
Adding Conversations to a Series
An Admin or a Manager can add conversations to a Series by clicking on the “Add New Conversation” button in the touchbar. The Admin/Manager can then add (a) a new conversation or (b) choose an existing conversation to add to the Series.
The list of existing conversations that can be added to a series are filtered by the following:
- Conversation must be an Open Access conversation (cannot be Invite Only)
- Conversation must not be part of another Series.
- Conversation must be Published.
- Conversation must be Active.
If an existing conversation’s settings differ from the Series settings, a Change Confirmation screen will be shown to show the differences and what will be changed on the existing conversation so that it can be part of the Series.
Editing Series Information
Series information and the Series template by clicking on the “Manage Series” button in the Series Landing Page touchbar. This will bring up the Series Detail screen that allows a Manager to edit the Series information or make changes to the Series Template.
Changing the order of the Video List
Series Managers can change the order of the videos in the Series
- Go to the Series Landing page.
- Drag the drop the “=” to the left of each video and move it to the new position.
Editing/Removing a Video in the Series
A Series Manager can edit or delete a video from a Series.
- Go to the Series Landing page.
- Click on the vertical ellipses to the right of the video.
- The Manager will see the Edit and Delete buttons.
- The Edit button will take the Manager to the Review Conversation screen where certain changes can be made.
- The Delete button will take the Manager to the Delete Confirmation screen. It’s important to note that there are two different types of “Delete”.
- A Manager can remove a video conversation from the Series but it is still part of the Rali and the Manager can access it through the Manager App.
- A Manager can permanently delete a video, which will remove it from the Series and the Rali Manager App.
Series Share Link – Manager Version
When a Series is ready to distributed and shared, the Manager can click on the Share button in the Series Landing page touchbar. The Series Share screen comes up with the Series URL information and Series Embed Code. The Series Share URL is the Series Landing page. A Manager will be able to add a custom Share URL for users to go to.
Series Share Link – User Version
A user will see the Share button on the Series Landing touchbar. The Series Share URL a user can share is either the default Series URL, or a custom URL that the Manager can added.
Series Activity Panel
The Series Activity Panel is part of the Series Landing page and is very similar to a Conversation Activity Panel. A Conversation Activity Panel shows what is happening in the single conversation, but the Series Activity Panel shows what is happening across all conversations in the Series. The Series Activity Panel has the following Views:
- Activities – shows comments and reactions across all the conversations in the Series. The sort order is most recent activity at the top.
- Users View – shows all the users across all the conversations in the Series. The sort order is most online at the top.
- User Notifications – shows a global list of all of the notifications across all the conversations the logged-in user belongs to.
Player Changes for Series Conversations
If a user is in a Series Conversation video, the following is in the Player:
- Back Arrow in the Header bar. This takes the user to the Series Landing page.
- Play Next button in the touchbar. This takes the user to the next conversation/video in the Series.
UI Changes to show Conversations that are part of a Series
UI was added to show Series Conversations versus standalone conversations.
- Continue Watching Playlist
- About the Video
- Manager App – Conversation Tiles
2. Action Items
What is an Action Item?
An Rali Action Item is a documented task or activity that arises from a video conversation. Action Items can be assigned to registered users (users with an email) in the conversation. An Action Item has:
- Title – Quick description of the Action Item
- Description – More detailed description of what the Action Item is.
- Public/Private setting – A Public Action Item can be seen by users in the conversation. A Private Action Item is only visible to the Assignor, Assignee, and Managers/Admins in the conversation.
- Assignor – the person who creates the Action Item
- Assignee – the person who has to accomplish the Action Item. Can be left “Unassigned”
- Due Date – the date the Action Item is due. Can have “No Due Date”.
How to Create an Action Item
- The “Display Action Item button on Player” must be turned on in the Conversation Settings.
- In the Manager App, go to the Conversation.
- Click on Manage Conversation in the touchbar.
- Click on Step 7 – Settings.
- Toggle the “Display Action Item button on Player” button ON.
2. If the Display Action Item button is toggled ON, the Action Item button displays in the Player touchbar. Note: only registered users can create or be assigned Action Items.
New View – Action Item
If Action Item is turned on for a conversation, the Conversation Activity Panel includes a new view – Action Item. Clicking on the Action Item View will show all the Action Items for that conversation. The sort order is the timestamp on the video the Action Item was created.
Action Item Workflow
After an Action Item is created, the following actions can be performed.
|Edit||An Action Item Title, Description, Assignee, and Date can be edited.||Assignor, Conversation Manager|
|Mark as Complete||Once an Action Item is resolved, it can be Marked as Complete.||Assignee, Conversation Manager|
|Reopen||If an Action Item has been incorrectly Marked as Complete, it can be reopened so that it’s status is Open.||Assignee, Conversation Manager|
|Add Comment||Any logged-in user in the conversation can add a commen to an Action Item.||Any logged-in Conversation User|
My Action Items List
A logged-in user can see their User Profile by clicking on the User Avatar on the top left corner of the Player. The User Profile screen has a “My Action Items” box that displays the list of Action Items that have been assigned to the user.
3. Update Player Real-Time View to Activities View
The Real Time View has been changed to an Activities. The Real Time View showed all the activities and user online presence that were happening in the conversation while the user was online.
- The Activities will show the activities that are happening while the user is online, PLUS the activities from the past 7 days.
- User Online Presence was removed from the Activities View as it is in the Users View
- The lightning bolt icon is now replaced with the Activities icon.
4. Mobile Touchbar changes
The Mobile touchbar was updated to separate the buttons into 3 separate lines versus 2.
- The 1st line of touchbar buttons is the applicable engagement buttons – Comment, Reaction, Share, Action Item
- Progress bar with progress time and video duration
- Player controls – Play/Pause, Rewind 10secs, Mute/Unmute, List View/Video View, Question Mark.
5. Player: Update Close button text
The Close button was updated on some parts of the player.
- On CTA Detail screens, the touchbar has a “Close and Continue” button.
2. On the List View, the touchbar has a “Back to Video” button.
6. Performance enhancements to Insights and Reports
Enhancements were made to Insights and Reports to improve performance time of returning data to the UI.